Tentative dates for 2018 auction
- List Sale Horses: February 2018
- Preview: April 21st
- Sale: April 24th
If you would like horse sale notifications sent to your email, please complete this short form: Request Horse Sale Notifications.
Customer information is collected for the purpose of processing your purchase. This information is classified as private/internal data at Utah State University and is not shared. Any privacy concerns should be directed to Utah State University’s Information Security Office at 435-797-8410.
Utah State University has the utmost respect for our customer’s privacy and security. USU takes great measures in providing secure solutions to collect payment. In accordance to state, federal, and industry security requirements. This website will reference current terms and conditions on which USU Equine Auction will operate.
Terms and Conditions:
- Radiographs are available for specified horses upon request. A $250 fee will be charged to send a digital copy to your veterinarian. USU will not offer interpretation of these images. These are provided as a reference and in no way are a source of warranty.
- Auctions will end when active bidding has ceased. This means that if there is active bidding within the last two minutes (120 seconds) of the set end time, a two minute extension will be added to the remaining time. If there is active bidding in the last two minutes (120 seconds) of the two minute extension, an additional two minute extension will be added to the remaining time.
Title to and risk of loss of the horse passes from USU to buyer. Buyer holds USU harmless from all loss, cost, and expenses arising from illness, injury or death of a horse following the end of the auction.
Utah State University will provide Coggins Test results, Health Certificate (for horses leaving Utah), current vaccination/deworming status, registration papers and an Owner Transfer Brand Inspection to the buyer upon pick up.
- All horses are sold “as is." Buyers are cautioned and instructed to examine the horses thoroughly prior to purchasing. There are no guarantees with respect to the physical status, disposition and/or suitability for any intended use of the horses in this sale. We do not provide refunds.
- All horses must be picked up within ten (10) calendar days of the end of the sale. If horses cannot be picked up within that time frame, arrangements can be made with USU’s Equine program staff at a cost of $15/day for board to be paid by buyer.
Specific day/time of horse pickup must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance (final destination of horses leaving Utah must be declared at this time in order to allow time for preparation of Health Certificate).
- If the horse(s) will be picked up by a second party (i.e., professional horse hauler, etc.), buyer must identify in writing the second party and inform USU Equine staff of such arrangements prior to pick-up. Person picking-up the horse(s) must show proof of identity that matches written authorization provided by buyer.
All pick-ups should be scheduled by calling DJ Anderson at 801-419-9429 during regular business hours.
Please bring a cashier's check made out to USU Surplus or credit card when picking up the horse. If a horse hauler is picking up the horse you can send your cashier's check to USU Surplus 880 E 1250 N Logan, UT 84322 or make credit card payment before the horse is picked up.
The sale of all horses will be subject to meeting or exceeding a pre-established price.
Every effort has been made to assure correctness of the sales information. If errors are brought the attention of the USU Equine Staff, all efforts will be made to correct that information as soon as possible.
Contact DJ Anderson 801-419-9429 or email@example.com.