ADVS Student Research Symposium
- The goal of the Summer Research Symposium is to provide students with the experience of communicating their research in a friendly environment and receive constructive criticism and feedback.
- The symposium also provides an excellent opportunity for faculty, students and staff to learn more about ongoing research conducted within our department.
- All graduate students as well as vet students and undergraduate students involved in the summer research internship programs are expected to attend and present their research. All undergraduate students and student volunteers involved in any ADVS research projects are also encouraged to participate if participation is permitted and encouraged by their individual mentors.
July 12 - Information on meeting schedule, final student presentation format, evaluation criteria, abstract format guidelines and examples of abstracts from last years have been added.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
All participants are asked to RSVP by July 30, 2018.
Engineering Building Room 101, atrium and hallway
Directions Via Google Maps
Title and Abstracts
Students should submit the preliminary title of their presentation and their preferred presentation format (oral, flash talk with poster or poster only) by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 15th, 2018.
The deadline to submit the final presentation title and abstracts is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, July 25th, 2018.
The abstract should contain 1,800 characters (including spaces) or less. Make sure to format your abstract according to the following: use font times new roman size 14, titles and name of presenting author should be bold, only first words or proper names capitalized (the rest lower case), single spaced, author affiliations in italics, indicate author's affiliation(s) in numerical superscript notations.
Examples of abstracts from last year
Cash prizes will be awarded for the best presentations in the various poster, oral presentation and flash talk plus poster presentation categories.
- Evaluation criteria for poster presentations
- Evaluation criteria for oral presentation
- Evaluation criteria for flash talk plus poster presentation
Late submissions and abstracts, posters and presentations not adhering to instructions will result in point deduction.
For questions regarding title submission or the symposium in general, please contact members of the organizing committee: Jeff Mason (email@example.com), Mirella Meyer-Ficca (firstname.lastname@example.org), Heloisa Rutigliano (email@example.com), or Laurel Hancey (firstname.lastname@example.org).